Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Homemade laundry soap

The other day I realized that I was almost out of laundry soap... so I decided to make more!


You will need:

1 bar of soap (any kind you want)
1 cup of Borax
1 cup of washing soda
a big pot ( that holds more than 2 gallons)
a grater
a funnel
a long spoon
2 empty gallon jugs/containers





Grate your bar of soap into your pot.



Fill one gallon jug and pour water into pot with grated soap. Cook until the grated soap dissolves.




 
Add the Borax and washing soda.



Bring to a boil.


Turn off the heat. 

Add 1 gallon of cold water. Stir well.



Pour 1 gallon of your detergent into each container.




Now you have 2 gallons of homemade laundry detergent. I use 1/2 - 1 cup per load. 

In the end I made about 3 gallons of laundry detergent for like $4!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails